What I Offer
I am an experienced software architect and developer based in San Francisco. My specialities are Mobile, Tablet and Cloud Computing. I can help you create your product, whether it is a Web service which needs a snappy site and a rock-solid backend that can scale or a great looking Android/iOS app. I have over 10 years experience running 24/7 production services with real, heavy use. I am happy to assist your in-house team get up to speed on Python Web technologies, MongoDB and mobile app development. Technologies I like to work with include:
- OSes/Platforms: iOS, Android, UNIX, Amazon AWS
- Databases: MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite
- Web Frameworks: Pyramid, Pylons, Django
I am the author of the book "MongoDB and Python" published by O'Reilly. Check it out!
Talks and Presentations
I frequently speak at conferences and events. Recent talks with video available include:
Events I Organize
I have published quite a bit of Open Source software - contributing to OpenBSD and more. Feel free to browse my various code contributions scattered across Google Code (older projects), GitHub (most recent work) and BitBucket (to collaborate on other projects hosted there).
- Wrote the Metaweb (makers of Freebase.com, now owned by Google) build, deployment and runtime management tool used to power the service - MWBuild - in C and UNIX shell. Source code available under a BSD license at http://code.google.com/p/mwbuild/
- Wrote the lightweight, high-performance, asynchronous-networked BitTorrent client - Unworkable - in C (with libevent) for UNIX and Windows systems. Source code available under a BSD license at http://code.google.com/p/unworkable/